Although the Panama Canal is often just one part of longer cruise, it is also a destination in its own right; this engineering marvel is often the highlight of any cruiser’s trip to this region!
- History buffs
- Nature lovers
How to get there:
Partial transit Panama Canal cruises often depart from Florida, traveling across the Caribbean, through one set of locks, then back to additional ports in Caribbean or Central America.
Full transit cruises may depart from one of several ports on West or East Coast, transporting visitors from ocean to ocean.
Panama Canal Highlights:
- Experience the marvel yourself as your own ship makes partial or full transit
- Watch with awe as other massive ships squeeze between the locks on their journey through the canal
- Visit the comprehensive visitors center at Miraflores Locks
- Tour Panama City, a splendid mix of modern and historic, dating back to the 1500s
- Watch for exotic animals and plants throughout lush rainforest that surrounds the canal